Operations management as a lever of competitive advantage: the tools and methodologies to re-engineer processes, maximizing efficiency, effectiveness and control.
Operational Excellence (understood as Effective Management of Operations) represents a real opportunity and a competitive tool for manufacturing companies, with the search for continuous improvement with regard to technologies, management processes and above all people’s skills, not excluding the stronger option, but also more paying in the medium-long term, to significantly rethink its technical-logistic – production process to make it leaner, faster and more reactive, therefore without waste and under constant control.
CESAP, in the era of Industry 4.0, has decided to combine the rigorous application of the main methodologies of World Class Manufacturing (WCM) with the effective use of new technologies deriving from Digital Transformation, developing the Digital DMAIC method, the leitmotif of the activities and the programs carried out by the Plastics Smart Hub 4.0, the most advanced and equipped technical and technological training center currently operating in Italy in the polymer sector.
We know how WCM actually represents the evolution and integration of methodologies and logics developed from the 1950s to the 1980s, such as Lean Manufacturing, JIT (Just in Time), QRM (Quick Response Manufacturing) , TPM (Total Productive Maintenance), TQM (Total Quality Management) and Six Sigma, to which is added a careful assessment of losses and waste, for the purpose of a coherently prioritized and finalized project (Cost Deployment).
The activities of all the teams are oriented towards the implementation of Kaizen projects with the aim of eliminating losses and their causes through continuous improvement based on small-step renewal.
Fundamental in this path
- – the ability to place human resources as the engine of change (“Human resources are something above all measurement. The capabilities of these resources can extend indefinitely when each person begins to think” – Taichi Ohno) and not as a problem (Why is it that every time I need a pair of arms, do I also have a brain attached? – Henry Ford),
- – Considering the customer and his individual needs as the company’s raison d’etre (not as a ‘necessary evil’), the striving for improvement as a stable situation of the organization and not as a contingent fact.
In this logic, the Digital DMAIC methodology developed by Cesap aims to combine
- The improvement of production-quality efficiency also through the optimization of logistics flows and an effective model of preventive and predictive maintenance
- the systematic search for the best prices for the main purchase items and the constant control / reduction of their consumption,
- the continuous effort to improve the environmental sustainability of both products and processes.
DIGITAL DMAIC: THE METHODOLOGY FOR TRAINING AND CONSULTING ON THE TOPICS OF INDUSTRY 4.0
How to use the Define – Measure – Analyze – Improve – Control method by combining the most consolidated technologies for the transformation of plastic materials with the innovative tools of Digital Transformation.